This is a simple healthy dessert.
Great for the winter and even a good holiday dish!
You know the way I like to do things: fast, delicious and healthy—well, this is no exception!
You can’t hack your body, but surely you can hack some things in the kitchen to reduce the calories, and increase the nutrition and the flavor. If you like real, whole, clean food—this is just apples, cinnamon, a tiny bit of butter, and raisins or cranberries.
It’s many fewer calories then other winter holiday desserts, and it tastes so good.
And there’s no added sugar!
(Press play above to see how fast and easy this is.)
- 1 apple per person
- Small handful of cranberries or raisins
- Less than a 1/4 Tbsp of butter
Pre heat oven to 350
- Cut apple. To make it easier, I cut them into 4’s then about one-quarter inch slices (not paper thin)
- Apply a thin coat of butter to the bottom of the pan ( I use my finger)
- Line pan with about 2 layers of apples
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Add a few cranberries or raisins (just for interest – you don’t need it for taste but it looks nice)
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Turn them (the apples make their own juices so there’s no need for melted butter!)
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
You can’t over cook these. It’s hard to mess this up. In fact, the longer they’re cooked the more condensed the apples become.
They’re great warm. And you can always reheat in the oven or the microwave.
If you want to be decadent, add one Tbsp of ice cream. Just like the butter, a little goes a long way on this one.
Pure Apple Bake
Apple Bake with Ice Cream