Tasty, healthy, easy.
This recipe was modified from the original that can be found as “Fresh Green Beans with Garlic Vinaigrette” in Raw For The Holidays Blog, November 2010.
Green Beans with Dijon Vinaigrette
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 min
About 50 fresh green beans
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- Wash and cut ends off green beans
- Place beans fresh (or you can lightly steam them) onto a plate.
- Mix ingredients for vinaigrette in a bowl, stirring with a whisk to blend well.
- Drizzle vinaigrette across center of beans.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories 37; Carbohydrate 5.5g; Cholesterol 0mg; Fat 1.7g; Fiber 1.9g; Protein 1.36g; Sodium 164mg
This is a dish on the Thanksgiving Side Dish List and it not only goes well with holiday dinners, but those in the spring or summer. On regular evenings, have them as a side for chicken, fish, or beef.
On non-holidays, I eat these beans washed, uncooked and without sauce. If they’re fresh, you’ll be amazed at the flavor and you’ll love the crunch. Ty it sometime if you haven’t already!