My clients always ask
for lunch ideas. It can be one of the most difficult meals to eat healthy, especially when busy.
I’m posting healthy, fast lunch ideas
over here when I get the chance. Come on over and check in for more. I send every new blog post out on e-mail to my VIP list. If you’d like to get on it, sign up here.
- 2 eggs (Cooked in a pan with a teaspoon of olive oil. Just break ’em and stir ’em up in the pan)
- One 6″ tortilla (tear in half so you can have two).
- Two Tablespoons fresh salsa (FRESH makes all the difference. You can find my favorite fresh salsa here.)
- OR 6 grape tomatoes, some cilantro , 1/3 avocado like I have in the picture here.
Layer the tortilla, egg and veggies.
- I always suggest eating a well-rounded snack in between lunch and dinner, especially if you’re exercising. And especially if there are more than 6 hours between these two meals. You might even call it a second lunch.
- If this lunch doesn’t have enough calories for you, you can simply double the serving.
- I love multigrain tortillas. Especially flax and quinoa, or blue corn. They’re a little heartier, and they’ll add a few more calories.
Using one corn tortilla, grape tomatoes, cilantro and avocado:
This lunch is a good source of
Dietary Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Riboflavin and Selenium, and a very good source of Vitamin K.