This is a very simple cauliflower mash recipe to make, and tastes like mashed potatoes.
So if you’re looking for a way to get a different vegetable into your food repertoire, this might be for you! It’s a popular dish (with a few changes made by me of course) frequently called cauliflower “mashed potatoes” but there are no potatoes in here.
The dish stays well in the refrigerator and re-heats nicely in the microwave.
- 1 head of cauliflower (per 2 people)
- 1 tablespoon of your choice of butter spread (I used Smart Balance with extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 garlic cloves
- sea salt
- Wash and cut cauliflower
- Place cauliflower and garlic in a steamer and salt it lightly
- Steam until soft
- Place all in a blender along with the butter spread
- Blend to desired consistency
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories from Fat 23
Total Fat 2.6g / 4%
Saturated Fat 0.8g / 4%
Total Carbohydrates 7g/ 2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3g/ 13%
Vitamin A 2.5%
Vitamin C 52%
The type of butter or butter spread you use makes a difference here. In my version above it accounts for half of the calories, all of the calories from fat, and most of the vitamin A.
% Daily Value based on 2,000 Calorie diet therefore if your diet is lower in Calories the percent is higher
This is dish #4 on the Thanksgiving Side Dish List.