Working with Luci Gabel Privately
Hi, I’m Luci
- MA, Exercise Physiologist and Nutritionist
- MBA, Business
- BA, Physical and Psychological Health
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist
- American Counsel on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer and Health Coach
Clients who work one-on-one with me benefit from my unique combination of exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness life coaching. All three areas are necessary for success in making healthy lifestyle changes. After your intensive with me, you’ll have the tools you need for obtaining the healthiest life possible, for the rest of your life. You can go and do almost any exercise program, any adventure, and have the skills to maintain your optimal fitness and health.
As a private client of mine, you not only have my attention during our appointment, you also have direct connection to me via phone and e-mail whenever you need. You’ll be regularly accountable to me for taking action on your goals. We work in partnership, so you can claim your life, health and vitality in your own way.
My clients are those who want to:
- Get to optimal levels of fitness and health with guidance from an expert
- Ramp up their exercise after an injury or illness
- Fine tune diet and exercise to get the most out of it – work smarter and not harder
Working with me, you will:
- Learn how to take the best care of your body through exercise, nutrition and mindfulness
- Ground yourself in healthy habits so you have them for life
- Learn how to keep up your new, healthy habits, even when it seems motivation or time is not on your side
My Exercise Style and Technique
My exercise style combines the current, ACSM standards of cardiovascular and strength training with the posture-focus and core-focus of Pilates, and the centeredness, balance and flexibility practices of yoga that I’ve studied for many years. I’ll teach you how to bring these elements into every workout, and into your life – for a well-balanced program that you can implement for life.
If you’re currently under the care of a doctor or physical therapist we’ll work together to make sure you’re doing the right things for your recovery and safety.
You’ll learn what exercise should feel like when you’re doing it right – working the right muscles and avoiding unnecessary stress or pain. You’ll learn how to push yourself to your own limits (not someone else’s) and reach your own personal best without unnecessary fatigue, or senseless injury.
My Nutrition Coaching Method
Instead of providing a one-size-fits-all diet plan, we’ll find your own ideal, healthy diet. We start with what you’re eating already, and slowly begin to incorporate healthier versions of what you love, making small, easy changes that don’t make you feel deprived.
We’ll make sure you’re getting a well-rounded diet that’s full of antioxidants, phytochemicals, and superfoods. If you have allergies or preferences, of course we work that in. You’ll see that eating healthy is delicious, and easy, and you can do it at home, while traveling, on vacation, wherever you are.
With food, the devil is in the details. Here are some examples of people I helped:
- One of my clients had an extremely clean eating plan and exercised vigorously and regularly, but she just couldn’t lose the last 5 lbs. Working with me she found out that she was eating way too many dried fruits and nuts, adding hundreds of extra calories to her daily menu thus not allowing her to lose the last bit of weight she desired to lose.
- One of my clients was already eating small portions and didn’t want to deprive himself by eating any less. We found out that by simply switching from processed grains to more whole grains, and eating more fruits and vegetables, he could drop a significant amount of weight and never feel hungry or deprived. He also cured himself of significant aches and pains by eating many more superfoods.
Everyone’s situation is different. I can help you find the small details that might be holding you back from success.
My Mindful Life System
Together, we’ll recharge your commitment to health – and create a life that supports your health – so you can live a longer, stronger, life filled with energy and vitality!
You’ll learn how to listen to your body while exercising. You’ll learn how to work to the edge of your own limits so you can reach your highest potential, but never demand what you shouldn’t or can’t do.
You’ll become better at reading your body signals about food so you can give your body what it needs in a healthy way. You’ll learn what your cravings mean and how to satisfy them in a healthy way (even when you’re craving junk food).
We’ll create a healthy plan for eating and exercising that fits YOUR life. If we need to, we’ll do some time-management coaching as well.
My virtual office allows me to work with anyone around the globe. I work with clients virtually, online, via private video conferencing (much like Skype). Many of my clients live in Washington DC, New York City, and the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s important for you to have access to excellent internet bandwith.
Contact me below for a complimentary, virtual consultation.
Please put your name, e-mail, phone number and a good time to reach you in the e-mail form below, and I’ll get in touch. [Please note: I regularly respond to e-mail within 24 hours. If you have a Gmail account and you haven’t heard from me, please check your “junk” or “promotions” mailbox.]
For more information:
Click here to read about my story and guiding philosophy as well as my education and experience.
And, if you’d like to get to know me better– subscribe to my blog.