These chicken lettuce wraps are so easy and fast!
They’re low in calories yet high in taste and nutrition.
They’re a fun option for dinner when you don’t want to cook much. They’re also an excellent option for lunch as fresh leftovers: save some of the diced chicken, and prep the wraps right before eating.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Recipe
Serves 2 Prep Time: 15 min
- 6 oz chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil of your choice
- 6 large, outer, green leaf lettuce leaves
- 3 oz carrot shavings
- 3 oz shredded, pickled Daikon Radish (Optional. You can get this pre-made at Vietnamese store.)
- Few sprigs of cilantro (Optional)
- 6 tsp salad dressing – 2 tsp per wrap (I recommend either Russian, Creamy Balsamic or Tahitian)
- Place rice into rice cooker before prep time (I put mine on while winding down my work on the computer.)
- Dice chicken breast and sautée in a pan with no more than 1 Tbsp oil (about 15 min)
- Keep an eye on the chicken while cooking and wash green leaf lettuce, cilantro and carrots
- Shave carrots and Daikon
Place at least 1 large lettuce leaf on a plate. In the center add 2 Tbsp rice, next 1 oz chicken, then carrot and daikon shavings and cilantro. Top with 2 tsp dressing.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
In this recipe, three wraps are 1 serving and only 358 calories. You’ll get about 1/2 cup rice and 3 oz chicken in total, as well as at least 1/2 cup of vegetables.
The carrots alone give you 282% of your daily value (DV) of vitamin A. The radishes give you 30% DV of vitamin C. The green leaf lettuce offers 156% of your Vitamin K, and 108% of your Vitamin A. Check out all the other vitamins and minerals you get in this light, yet filling dish in the information below.